Lambda Research Optics is always seeking qualified and experienced candidates. We offer employees with opportunities to learn new skills and technologies to further their careers in the industry.
See Openings Below
Fabrication Polishing Technician Level I
Handle, clean, polish, test, block and inspect optical substrates, including flat and radius work during polishing operations. Performs various optical testing methods necessary to ensure the quality specification of components being tested and provide accurate estimates on polishing times and able to run multiple spindles or pieces of polishing equipment. Fabricate optics composed of both hard and soft material via multiple techniques. Other duties may be assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required, 1+ years polishing experience. Algebra, geometry, physics, and mechanical drawing background a plus. Have the ability to be patient, attention to detail, and concerned about quality work. Interpret and understand blueprints coming through the shop for fabrication processes. Working under pressure is unavoidable when schedule change and problem arise, but deadlines and goals must be met.
Constantly sitting or standing and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Demonstrate eye-hand coordination. Operate measuring tools/inspection equipment. Twist and turn wrists and forearms continually to perform inspection and polishing procedure while grasping objects. Efficiently and safely transport fragile materials within the work area or to other departments (carrying distance is approximately 10 ft). Frequently exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, noise, and moving mechanical parts.
Quality Control Engineer
Serve as the primary quality assurance resource to department manager(s) for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Assist in process certification.
- Review customers purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends, and losses.
- Review suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Serve as the quality engineering representative to the Materials Review Board (MRB). Attends training, meetings and participates on committees as required.
- May compile, write, and deliver training material on quality standards and activities.
- Maintain workstation ergonomic situations as required.
- Job order sign off, reviewing paperwork, and making sure parts are packaged properly.
- Review jobs that are moving from one department to another.
- Perform inspection of parts for physical and dimensional characteristics along with using the applicable metrology.
- Be involved with ISO9001:2015 certification.
- Be involved in safety procedures and audits.
- Submit parts to the customer and be involved with customer source inspections.
Degree or 5 years experience in Laser Optics preferred.
We are seeking an Optics Fabricator in generating, grinding, and polishing various types of precision optical components. They include spherical lenses, cylinder lenses, mirrors, windows, and prisms.
Current Years of Experience: 0 – 10 years (we educate and train)
Desired skills: Must be willing to learn new skills such as interpretation of optical blueprints, execute and comprehend in-house assembly line in manufacturing procedures / Experience in optical components is a plus
Job Type: Full Time
Expertise: Visual inspections with interferometric measurements with test plates, Zygo and other precision gauges.
Pay Rate: D.O.E (Depending on experience)
OPTICAL COATING TECHNICIAN
The desired candidate will be responsible for the application of high performance single to multi-layer thin film coatings to optical substrates. He/She will maintain chambers including disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly. Troubleshoot and help to develop new coating designs and processes. Have a detail-oriented manner of work, the ability to follow precise oral and written instructions, and the ability to manage work load efficiently within production restrictions.
High School Diploma or GED; or 5+ years experience in coating preferred.
Some college in physics, chemistry, engineering math or equivalent.
Pay Rate: D.O.E (Depending on experience)
Employment background checks and drug screening are conducted in accordance with company policies, federal and state guidelines.Lambda offers great benefits to its employees including: Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance coverage as well as a 401(k) retirement plan. Qualified candidates can fax or email résumés to: (714) 327-0610, email@example.com. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at (714) 327-0600 ext: 207. Lambda Research Optics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are not accepting solicitation for other products and services that do not directly reference any of the aforementioned position openings.